Forums > Fruity Journals

monkey's journal ...

<< < (2/9) > >>

monkey:
FRI07APR2017
i had some cherries and raspberries recently.  these are quite expensive for their weight.  nevertheless, a nice change from my usual fruit.  i'm sure i'm spending well over my £50 per week budget.  i think it's nearer £70 per week, or £10 per day.  4 avocadoes are £1 each.  6 nectarines are £2 for 3.  red or black grapes are £2 for 500g.  so, that's £10, excluding lemons.

monkey:
WED12APR2017
since my last post, i've realised that trying to be fruitarian on a budget is just adding to the risk of failure.  it creates a psychological pressure to eat as cheaply as possible.  a mistake i made on a previous attempt was to eat too many vegetable fruits, namely tomatoes and courgettes (zucchinis), which aren't very nutritious.  at the moment i'm avoiding vegetable fruits for just that reason.  i'm also not trying to eat organically, primarily because of availability but secondarily because a lot of organic produce is now ironically inferior to non-organic.  for me, just at the moment, i think it's more important to succeed at being fruitarian than have the added issue of trying to be organic too.  perhaps later, when i'm confident that i've succeeded in that goal, i'll aim to be organic too.

monkey:
FRI14APR2017
i'm continuing to expand the range of fruit that i'm eating.  i was pleasantly surprised to find that i could eat pineapple without it being too acidic.  i also now realise that a partial reason for this acidity is due to a lack of ripeness.  and i've found that the end of the kitchen knife that i broke the tip off is handy for digging under nectarine stones, as it doesn't dig into the stone.  i'm thinking about doing a wet fast one weekend.  i don't want to rush into this, as i feel that i want to ease myself back into being fruitarian as much as possible.  nevertheless, the temptation is certainly there.  at the moment i'm drinking boiled tap water, which isn't ideal.  in theory boiling removes any chlorine and fluorine present.  i should definitely buy some low residual mass spring water, however, lugging it home is a bit off-putting.  i'm having to carry quite enough shopping as it is, as i now shop for my parents too.

monkey:
TUE18APR2017
it's now a month into my latest attempt at being fruitarian.  oddly enough, i feel quite confident, after all i did it for a year previously.  as something of a consequence of deluging my avocados with lemon juice i've become very accustomed to the taste of lemon juice now, so much so that i've found that i can easily drink undiluted lemon juice.  i must admit that i always thought it was odd to have a fruit that couldn't be eaten in its pure and unadulterated state.  perhaps it, in fact, can?  i intend to find out!  so far i've only done this using a single lemon.  my intention is to try drinking a 250ml glass of undiluted lemon juice.

monkey:
SAT29APR2017
the latest addition to my fruitarian diet is freshly squeezed orange juice.  i'm drinking about a litre a day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version