iheartfruit.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: monkey's journal ...  (Read 60900 times)

monkey

• View Profile
Re: monkey's journal ...
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 04:18:02 PM »

SUN06AUG2017
my weight is now 57.5Kg, so it's still falling  at the same rate that it was previously (about 1.5Kg per week).  and whilst there's still some fat left on me, there's really not a lot at all anymore.  it really has to hit bottom in another week or so.  beyond that, my life has become insanely busy caring for my elderly parents.  i'm not actually finding the time to eat regularly anymore.  i only had 2 avocadoes yesterday.  i now have the multi-vitamins that i ordered, so i can start taking them next monday (tomorrow).  i did give some thought to persevering with the vitamin B12 alone, however, i think it's more important to cure this condition that necessarily waste time trying to discover the exact cause.  i've read some fairly dire things about leaving it untreated.  i am, however, beginning to doubt that it's just a vitamin B12 deficiency, as it's now a week since i started supplementing for vitamin B12 and i can't say that i've seen any significant improvement.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:06:43 AM by monkey »

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »

SUN13AUG2017
my weight is 68.5Kg.  that's a gain of 11Kg in just one week.  and there's a good reason for that.  i've fallen completely out of the fruit tree over the last week, the reason being that i've been extremely stressed by both my parent's being in hospital at the moment and have been eating non-fruit comfort foods.  i'm actually quite surprised at just how quickly the weight has gone back onto me.  anyway, hopefully this week i'll be trying to keep to my fruit diet, at least that's my intent.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 05:07:35 AM by monkey »

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 04:09:27 AM »

MON14AUG2017
i was really quite tired when i wrote my last journal entry, hence why it lacks a little depth.  my lapse has been quite interesting in many ways.  firstly, nothing seems to taste quite as nice as i seem to remember.  secondly, i really notice how floury everything tastes, even curry sauce.  thirdly, how dry it is.  fourthly, how bloated it makes me feel.  and fifthly, how much more uncomfortable it is to pass stools.  it'll probably take a couple of days for all the non-fruitarian food to pass completely through me.  and, i rather imagine that's where most of the weight gain has come from - indigestible food in my gut.  fortunately, my stress levels have come down a lot now, as it look like both my parents will be home from hospital fairly soon.

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 01:24:45 AM »

FRI18AUG2017
well, i've been struggling to get back into the fruit tree of late.  i just don't have the necessary enthusiasm, it seems.  i could kick myself, really.  i've been much too ambitious in terms of being strictly fruitarian and i haven't paid enough attention to getting an adequately balanced diet.  and now i'm starting to doubt my ability to do just that.  so, at the moment being fruitarian is on hold until i get a bit of confidence back.  sad but true!!!

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »

SAT19AUG2017
today i was pondering the mystery of my itchy scritchy scratchy skin and it sort of struck me that it might be diabetes.  my father is diabetic and i do take after him in many ways.  so, it could be a genetic pre-disposition to not being able to metabolise sugars well.  this could seriously threaten me ever getting back into the fruit tree again, should i happen to be correct.  at the moment the multi-vitamin hasn't cured it, though it's early days for that, and nor has a liquid iron supplement.  so, i'm currently thinking diabetes could well be a plausible explanation, especially as i've noticed certain symptoms that i appear to share with my father, such as rather puffy extremities.  for example, my feet and calves have been particularly swollen of late.

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »

SUN20AUG2017
my weight is 73Kg.  i'm quite literally piling it back on, now that i'm off my fruitarian diet.  i'm sure this can't be healthy.  i spoke to someone i know that has type 2 diabetes.  he confirmed that he gets swollen feet due to it.  so, i think that confirms what i suspect.  as such, i'm already trying to think of ways to get back into the fruit tree, well, as best i can.  i guess the most obvious step to take in the short term is to cut down on sweet fruits and rely more on vegetable fruits.  also, i think that continuing supplementing would perhaps be beneficial for my overall health and might even help increase my insulin production.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:54:48 PM by monkey »

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2017, 01:07:11 PM »

SUN28AUG2017
my weight is now 77.5Kg.  i've still not got back to a fruitarian diet and, in the short term, it doesn't look like i'm going to.  my GP has done a few blood tests and tells me that i'm low on iron and protein.  apparently, i've got edema (swollen feet) because of this.  the good news, however, is that i haven't got diabetes.  i guess i have to be brutally honest here.  i'm not going to try to get back to being fruitarian until i've found a sustainable way to avoid such problems.  and that might well mean not being too purist about this and eating nuts and seeds, as i used to do.  certainly, i think that, at least during transition, a multi-vitamin is essential, and a complete one at that too.  it's a great pity that this particular attempt at being fruitarian has so blatantly ended in failure.  however, i've been honest here about my experiences and perhaps that'll be of some benefit to someone.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:10:26 PM by monkey »

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 10:49:02 PM »

TUE12SEP2017
sadly, my mother passed away nearly 2 weeks ago now.  i knew this was coming.  nevertheless, it's impacted my life very severely.  it was the spectre of this event that had forced me to take comfort in my favourite junk food.  and now that it's finally come to pass i just don't have the will for dietary refinements anymore.  perhaps in the future that'll change, though i don't think it'll be until at least next year now.  whether i'll post on this forum again, even if i do have another try, is debateable.  being the only active member, it's not been of any support to me.  in fact, this has been a distinctly lonely experience.

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2017, 01:34:41 PM »

SUN05NOV2017
it's been quite a while since i last posted here.  my mind has been on other more pressing issues, such as my father breaking his leg and having to have a half hip replacement.  diet wise, i'm back to being lacto-ovo-vegetarian, which seems to be the safe option for me.  i haven't really figured out exactly why being fruitarian didn't work very well for me this time, though i think that i tried to do too much too soon and probably wasn't getting a sufficient balance of fruit either.  oddly, i'm just not eating any fruit at the moment.  i seem to only be able to do this on an all-or-nothing basis.  the edema has settled down quite a bit, though i'm not sure it's entirely cured.  anyway, i've not got any plans to go fruitarian again just at the moment.  it's something that i'd still like to achieve but that dream seems to have largely slipped away now.

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 04:42:04 AM »

SUN26NOV2017
i finally got back to see my GP this week.  my blood tests have revealed low vitamin B12, low folate (folic acid - i did say that i didn't think that i was likely to get pregnant any time soon but that little joke fell on deaf ears) and low iron.  so, no real surprises.  the low iron was just sheer negligence on my behalf.  my GP wanted me to have vitamin B12 injections.  now, for someone that hates needles, this isn't the kind of thing that i'd submit to willingly.  so, i've promised to try to be more diligent about taking a multi-vit.  and anyway, i'm not exactly dying ... yet.

monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2019, 07:03:35 AM »

TUE01JAN2019
it's disappointing to see that there have been no contributions to this forum since i was last here.  my life has changed substantially since then, in as much as my father has now passed away.  i've since started what must now be my third serious attempt to go fruitarian, though i must admit that at 55 years old i feel i'm getting a bit past this sort of thing.  this time i'm going back to my non-purist approach, which worked so well for me originally.  so, basically that means using a daily multi-vitamin at the moment.  after three weeks my weight is 80.0Kg.  i still believe this is possible, however, having failed in my previous attempts i'm under no illusions as to the difficulties ahead of me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]